Before embarking on establishing your own online business, please read some of the frequently asked questions that most people have about setting up and managing an online business.
- What are some of the advantages of managing an online business?
- What do I need to set up an online business?
- Where will my business be located?
- What are the costs of setting up an online business?
- Where do I register, host and build a website?
- Where do I get content for my site?
- How should I promote my online business?
- How much time will managing an online business take?
- How should I set up the legal structure of my business?
- Do I need to hire staff?
- How should I offer customer support?
- How do I accept payments?
- What kind of insurance does my business need?
- What taxes do I need to pay?
Now consider the following questions
1. “Do I have a product or service of my own that I want to sell?” OR “Do I just want to earn a commission from selling other people’s products and services?”
2. Do I need to register a domain name?
3. If I need to register a domain name, then where should I host my website?
4. Which software programs or scripts do I need to power my website?
5. What do I need to consider before I start building a website?
6. Where do I turn for script installation, content creation, graphics design, programming tasks or almost any type of technical assistance should I need it?
7. How do I send and receive payments?
8. How should I promote my website?